Translate

Common "As...As" Idiomatic Expressions

 

Common "As...As" Idiomatic Expressions

1. Describing Physical Qualities and Traits

  • As light as a feather (very light)

    • The box looked heavy, but it was as light as a feather when I picked it up.

  • As strong as an ox (very strong)

    • My grandfather is 80, but he's still as strong as an ox.

  • As thin as a rake (very thin or skinny)

    • After his long illness, he was as thin as a rake.

  • As blind as a bat (unable to see well)

    • I'm as blind as a bat without my glasses.

2. Describing Character and Behavior

  • As cool as a cucumber (very calm and composed)

    • The pilot was as cool as a cucumber during the emergency landing.

  • As brave as a lion (very brave)

    • The young soldier was as brave as a lion on the battlefield.

  • As sly as a fox (very clever and cunning)

    • You have to watch out for that salesperson; he's as sly as a fox.

  • As stubborn as a mule (very unwilling to change one's mind)

    • I tried to get him to come with us, but he was as stubborn as a mule.

3. Describing Feelings and States of Being

  • As busy as a bee (very busy)

    • I have three projects due this week, so I'm as busy as a bee.

  • As hungry as a bear (very hungry)

    • I haven't eaten all day; I'm as hungry as a bear!

  • As happy as a clam (very happy)

    • Ever since she got her promotion, she's been as happy as a clam.

  • As sick as a dog (very sick)

    • After eating that old food, I was as sick as a dog.

  • As white as a sheet (very pale, usually from fear)

    • When she saw the spider, her face went as white as a sheet.

These expressions are great for making your descriptions more creative and vivid. Using them can help you sound more like a native speaker.

Comments

🎮 POPÜLER ⭐ 4.5

Ultra Blocks

Klasik Bulmaca · Strateji · Zeka Oyunu

Hızlı düşün, akıllıca istifle ve küresel liderlik tablosunda zirveye oyna! Ultra Blocks, klasik arcade bulmaca mantığını modern strateji ve göz alıcı görsel efektlerle birleştiriyor. Blokları sürükleyip yerleştir, tam satırları temizle ve rekorlarını kır!

🏆 Küresel Sıralama PlayFab ile dünyaya meydan oku
🎨 Özelleştirilebilir Tema Neon’dan klasik ahşaba
📱 Her Cihazda Telefon, tablet, TV ve katlanabilir
👑 VIP Kulüp Reklamsız · Sınırsız döndürme
⬇️ Google Play'den Ücretsiz İndir
📦 50 MB · Çevrimdışı oynanabilir 🔒 Veriler şifrelenir
PDF Okuyucu İkonu

Hızlı PDF Okuyucu

Hızlı, hafif ve kullanıcı dostu PDF görüntüleme deneyimi.

Google Play'den İndir

Popular posts from this blog

The Erasure of Digital Self: Navigating Post-Privacy Paradigms | Advanced English

The Intricacies of Modern Traffic Jurisprudence

33 Common Phrasal Verbs Starting with Y | Learn English