Translate

Wish

 "Wish" in English can have a few different meanings, depending on how it's used. Here's a breakdown:

1. As a verb, it means to want something that is not currently present.

  • Expressing a desire for something different in the present or future:
    • "I wish I had two million dollars." (I don't have two million dollars, but I want to.)
    • "I wish it would stop raining." (It is currently raining, and I want it to stop.)
  • Expressing regret about something in the past:
    • "I wish I hadn't eaten so much cake." (I ate a lot of cake, and now I regret it.)
    • "I wish I had studied harder for the test." (I didn't study hard enough, and now I regret it.)

2. As a noun, it refers to a desire or hope for something.

  • "My wish is to travel the world." (My desire/hope is to travel the world.)
  • "He made a wish on a shooting star." (He expressed a desire/hope when he saw a shooting star.)

Here are some common phrases using "wish":

  • "I wish you..." This is used to express good wishes to someone. For example:
    • "I wish you a happy birthday!"
    • "I wish you good luck!"
  • "As you wish." This is a polite way of saying "as you want" or "your wish is my command."


Comments

🎮 POPÜLER ⭐ 4.5

Ultra Blocks

Klasik Bulmaca · Strateji · Zeka Oyunu

Hızlı düşün, akıllıca istifle ve küresel liderlik tablosunda zirveye oyna! Ultra Blocks, klasik arcade bulmaca mantığını modern strateji ve göz alıcı görsel efektlerle birleştiriyor. Blokları sürükleyip yerleştir, tam satırları temizle ve rekorlarını kır!

🏆 Küresel Sıralama PlayFab ile dünyaya meydan oku
🎨 Özelleştirilebilir Tema Neon’dan klasik ahşaba
📱 Her Cihazda Telefon, tablet, TV ve katlanabilir
👑 VIP Kulüp Reklamsız · Sınırsız döndürme
⬇️ Google Play'den Ücretsiz İndir
📦 50 MB · Çevrimdışı oynanabilir 🔒 Veriler şifrelenir
PDF Okuyucu İkonu

Hızlı PDF Okuyucu

Hızlı, hafif ve kullanıcı dostu PDF görüntüleme deneyimi.

Google Play'den İndir

Popular posts from this blog

The Erasure of Digital Self: Navigating Post-Privacy Paradigms | Advanced English

The Intricacies of Modern Traffic Jurisprudence

33 Common Phrasal Verbs Starting with Y | Learn English